News & Information

Parking Permits Are Required

Please note that permits are required for parking in resident preferential parking zones. Applicants for such permits are required to present proof of residency and vehicle ownership on said streets in the areas designated as resident preferential parking zones. Download the permit applications at

How to Report Potholes in Union County

With winter season coming to an end, pothole season is starting to begin. The Union County Board of County Commissioners would like you to know there are resources you can use to report them to the proper agency.

PSE&G Power Outage Report

PSE&G is reporting 1 power outage in the Borough of Garwood as a result of the winter storm that has been impacting our area. This outage is affecting fewer than 5 customers at this time. To report an outage by phone call 1-800-436-PSEG (7734) or text "OUT" to 4PSEG (47734).


“Register Ready – New Jersey’s Special Needs Registry for Disasters”

“Register Ready – New Jersey’s Special Needs Registry for Disasters” allows New Jersey residents with disabilities or access and functional needs and their families, friends, caregivers and associates an opportunity to provide information to emergency response agencies so emergency responders can better plan to serve them in a disaster or other emergency.

The information collected here is confidential and will not be available to the public. The information will be held securely and only used for emergency response and planning.

Why should you register?

Exclamation To be notified by local officials when an evacuation has been ordered.