How to Report Potholes in Union County

With winter season coming to an end, pothole season is starting to begin. The Union County Board of County Commissioners would like you to know there are resources you can use to report them to the proper agency.

“In order for repair crews to act quickly, we encourage drivers and pedestrians alike to learn how to report any pothole they come across, whether it’s a local street, a county road, or a state highway,” said Board of Commissioners Chairman Alexander Mirabella.

To report a pothole or any other issue with a Union County road, use an online form available through the Union County Department of Public Works and Facilities Management at ucnj.org/pot-hole.

County roads are identified by their blue route signs, which include the letters “CR” followed by a three-digit number.

Persons without Internet access can report potholes on Union County roads by calling 908-789-3660.

For potholes on state highways, call the New Jersey Department of Transportation at 1-800-POTHOLE or use the online form at state.nj.us/transportation.

For local roads, contact the municipality in which the road is located. Links for all 21 Union County municipalities are available through the County website, ucnj.org/municipalities.

To plan a commute around major road projects that may disrupt traffic patterns in Union County, visit the “Road Construction Update” page at ucnj.org/traffic.

For all transit information in Union County including car, bus, rail, aircraft, bicycle and Paratransit, visit Union County ConneXions at ucnj.org/connect.